General Terms & Conditions of Booking
- All Learners agree to abide by the General Rules and Conditions for the use of the venue.
- All learners take part at their own risk
- Please be advised that any personal belongings for example; mobile phones, laptops and any other valuable items are the responsibility of the individual and are taken at the individuals risk
- Additional fees may be incurred if you are deemed not yet competent
- Pre requisites are the responsibility of the learner. You will be asked to provide evidence that you meet the pre requisites. If Pre requisites are not met, you will be asked to leave. No refund will be issued. All Prerequisites for courses can be found on the course page for that specific course.
- Learners are expected to attend all dates advertised. If you have any problems attending any dates please notify IoS
- The IoS reserve the right to amend the timetable, the presenter and / or venue to suit the needs of the course.
- The cost viability of a course is based on the learners on the programme. No refunds will be given for anyone who has decided the programme is not the correct one for them.
- IoS online users are solely responsible for ensuring that their online profile details are up to date, the IoS are not liable to administer a user’s IoS online account
- IoS customers who require a certificate reprint are liable to pay for certification reprint costs.
- The IoS reserve the right to change the tutor of a course at short notice. Although the IoS try to ensure the original tutor delivers a course, sometimes this is not possible and the tutor is replaced.
- The IoS have a close link with the Tutor Training program, as such trainee tutors on occasions attend IoS courses to either observe delivery, deliver part of the course content or deliver all of the course. Throughout all of these occasions a fully qualified and licensed IoS tutor will be in attendance. Delivery of the course by a trainee tutor does not alter the price of the course you have booked onto.
- A fully qualified and licensed IoS tutor will be present at all times and will mentor the trainee tutor before, during and after the course delivery and ensure that the course is delivered in accordance to Ofsted and IoS quality standards at all times.
- The IoS will strive to notify individuals booked onto courses where trainee tutors are delivering part or the entire course when possible.
- IoS cannot accept any reservations on courses or CPDs. In order to secure a place on a course or CPD, all bookings must be paid for in full.
- Blended Learning courses and other e-learning/RPL courses accessed through the online system pebblepad may have timeframes in which the course needs to be completed by. Failure to complete within the timeframes may incur further costs.
- When undertaking a blended assistant progamme 100% achievement of the course assessment must be attained at least 48 hours prior to the first face to face course date.
- New and expectant mothers should always seek medical advice regarding their suitability to attend an IoS course prior to enrolment: you are required to complete and submit questions 14 and 15 of the “New and expectant mothers Risk Assessment”, downloadable here, to email@example.com at least two weeks before the course start date.
IOS Cancellation Policy
The IOS reserve the right to cancel a course at short notice. A course cancellation may be for a number of reasons, however occasionally we may be unable to sustain a course due to insufficient enrolments. In the event of a cancellation an alternative option will be offered or a full refund will be issued. Refunds will be issued for the value of the course originally purchased.
Learner Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Please note the following cancellation policy applies should you cancel your place on this course:
- If you cancel up to 14 days prior to the start of the course (or 7 days prior to a CPD) – no refund will be given except in the event of illness / injury (for which a Doctor ’s note must be provided) or exceptional circumstances
- If you cancel between 15 and 30 days prior to the start of the course – a full refund will be issued minus a £3.50 administration fee for seminars and £63 for LV1 courses, £90 LV2 courses and £40 for Pool Plant courses
- If you cancel more than 31 days prior to the start of the course – a full refund will be issued
- Transfers within 14 days prior to the start of the course, or 7 days prior to a CPD, will incur a fee dependent on the course undertaken. Transfers will only be issued if the course still meets viability. £3.50 administration fee for seminars, £7.00 for Dolphin Snorkeller, £63 for LV1 courses, £90 LV2 courses and £40 for Pool Plant courses
- In the event of a cancellation or transfer, the individual must follow up with a written confirmation to the IoS with their intentions of either cancelling or transferring their place. Individuals should give personal details and full details of which course they booked onto in order to administer this.
During the course if you are unable to attend any date(s), please contact the course tutor or Customer Service Advisor on 01509 640 640
Voucher Purchase Policy
- Vouchers purchased but not redeemed will be invoiced at the full rate, no refunds or credits will be issued unless it is within the timescales mentioned above under learner cancellation and transfer policy
- In any event, if a voucher is purchased which is no longer required – the account holder must follow up with a written confirmation to the IoS that they no longer wish to use the voucher and the cancellation terms above still apply.
- Vouchers purchased must be redeemed by the closing date of the course. If vouchers are not redeemed this may jeopardise the intended learners space on the course/CPD
CPD Terms and Conditions
In addition to the ‘General Terms and Conditions of Booking’ and ‘Learner Cancellation and Transfer Policy’ listed above, the following also apply to all CPD bookings:
- All CPD resources are only available to download, hard copies are not provided.
- All learner bookings for CPD must be made 7 days prior to the date of the CPD (inclusive of voucher redemptions)
- Any learner requesting a booking (including voucher redemptions) less than 7 days prior to the date of the CPD will incur a £10.00 late booking fee. Under no circumstance can we allow a booking to be made onto a seminar less than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the seminar
- In order to attend a particular CPD, you must have booked via www.theiosonline.com for this CPD – those who attend who have not booked will not appear on the register and will not be able to gain a certificate of attendance
- Should someone else be attending in place of another learner, IoS Training must be notified of this at least 7 days prior to the seminar taking place – see above cancellation and transfer policy for any applicable charges
- Certificates are issued by the ASA Awarding Body approximately 6 – 8 weeks upon receipt of completed register and any necessary paperwork, on the condition that all payment has been made
- Aquatic Helper Workshop ONLY: if you are under the age of 16 and you are registering to attend an Aquatic Helper Workshop using a voucher code, your course confirmation will be administered by the organiser of the workshop. If you have not used a voucher code to book on, please ensure that your parent/guardians contact details are stipulated on the Emergency Contact Form so we can liaise with your parent/guardian to send them confirmation of the workshop.
Terms and Conditions specific to Dolphin Snorkeller CPD:
- In order to attend Dolphin Snorkeller and instruct afterwards you must be able to swim and be medically fit. Learners who are suffering from any physical complaint or ailment which may jeopardise your safety or well-being whilst taking part in such activities including: diabetes, black-outs (epilepsy, etc.) perforated eardrums, grommets, high blood pressure or heart disease are advised to seek advice from a specialist (UKSport Diving Medical Committee) Referee. See www.uksdmc.co.uk and declare this to the IoS prior to attending
- Attendees/instructors of Dolphin Snorkeller take part in snorkelling and underwater swimming activities at their own risk and responsibility
- Attendees of Dolphin Snorkeller should email a passport style photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org to commence one year free membership: BSAC may hold membership details digitally
- Attendees must study the pre-seminar material and complete the Theory Review in the online learning at least 48 hours prior to the practical session
- Attendees/Instructors of Dolphin Snorkeller should have adequate insurance in place to deliver snorkelling instruction
RPL Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view RPL T & Cs (download document right hand side of page)
Level 3 Terms and Conditions
- Learners registering for the Level 3 programme do so with an understanding that they are committing to completing the programme within registration period.
- Payment for the programme covers the arrangements and costs for whatever may be involved within the whole programme, for example mentor visits and travel expenses, therefore no refund can be issued once payment has been made. If you are concerned that you may need to delay a workbook or withdraw from the programme/cohort in which you are enrolled, due to (for example) illness, please get in touch with the IoS in the first instance. A doctor’s note may be requested.
- Learners cannot leave or transfer from the cohorts in which they are registered unless authorised to do so by the IoS